collage

collage

Sunday, October 20, 2013

A First!

My cousin sent me a picture of a big, bulky, brown cowl asking if I could make something like it. I knew I had two skeins of Thick and Quick in my stash that were never going to get used for anything and so I set about searching Ravelry for something similar. At first I had no idea this thing was crochet, so I was searching for a similar stitch pattern. My Ravelry friends set me straight and helped me decided on raised stockinette, which worked reasonably well.

I cast on and a few days later had this!


It may not be an exact match but it was cozy and comfy and will be perfect for the cold winters of Maine! 

Sorry for the radio silence, it's been busy around here! There are lots of updates to be made for WIP Wed so stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment