collage

collage

Tuesday, August 5, 2014

It's been a busy month...

I always envision myself posting weekly or even more often than that. I often write up blog posts in my brain as I'm falling asleep at night, but then, when I wake they are gone and the busyness of the day takes over and another day, week, month goes by without a single post here in this space.

It's not that I've not been busy. In fact I've been knitting my little fingers off of late. I am test knitting a few hat patterns for one of my favorite indie yarn dyers sweet fiber! Melissa's designs are amazingly beautiful and even in test version her patterns are almost flawless. It's a pleasure to test knit them for her. My only wish is that I had a huge stash of her yarn so that I could knit each test piece in the yarn called for. Hopefully she will be at Stitches again this year so I can stock up.

Along with test knitting, I finished up a quick pair of socks. As I've mentioned before, I love to bring socks along when I travel. They are infinitely portable and often an easy somewhat mindless project that I can work on while chatting with the lovely folks I'm visiting. This year I knit almost an entire first sock on the plane from CA to NH!

This is Canon Hand Dyes William Merino Sock in color way Slytherin!!! It is amazing stuff!


I was a bit worried I'd run out of yarn! Ok I confess, I was secretly HOPING I'd run out of yarn so I could go yarn shopping in a state with no sales tax! In the end I restrained myself and slowed down on sock #2 and then broke into my "emergency" yarn.

This is Indigodragonfly Merino Single Lace in color way Beige! I think it's going to make one spectacular Trillian!

And so even though much of the last few weeks was spent like this:


and this:


and this:


It's back to reality now with school about to start in 13!!!!! days! I hope to add more fun 'makes' to this place soon! 




No comments:

Post a Comment