collage

collage

Friday, November 8, 2013

Ginkgo!

I finished this shawl about 10 days ago and have been meaning to post about it, but alas between a sick kiddo and a sick mama, it just didn't happen. We all seem to be on the mend now and so I thought I'd show you this amazing shawl!

My friend D chose the pattern herself from the myriad of options that came up during a Ravelry search. That is pretty impressive for a non-knitter's first time browsing Ravelry. You all know how overwhelming it can be. It's kind of fitting too, because our neighborhood, especially my street has tons and tons of ginkgo trees in it. I have one right on my front lawn. At first we were looking for a yellow yarn to knit it in, but when we saw the green, we were both instantly convinced. And it's a pretty good match to the summer green of the ginkgo leaves. Right now they are all starting to turn the most gorgeous shade of yellow, or I'd go out and photograph it for you.


Here it is blocking on my board! The leaves really needed a good blocking to show properly!

It is a pretty small shawl, I'd call it a scarf really.

But it is light as air and so incredibly soft! And most importantly, D loves it and put it on immediately! 

No comments:

Post a Comment