collage

collage

Monday, August 26, 2013

Whew, where did last week go???

I had meant to post some progress on my Paulie but the week got away from me. School started for my little guy last week! I still can't believe my tiny baby is a first grader now, the time moves so very quickly. I am so glad we were able to spend so much time together over the summer so I can really savor this time in our lives. Pretty soon he'll be driving, then off to college! Ok so let's not get ahead of ourselves, he has 12 more years!

I've been plugging away on Paulie in my spare time but I have taken on a PTA position and the first week of school brought a lot of work right along with it. I'm happy to help but also secretly hoping things settle down on that front quickly!

I have been knitting away, until it looks about right to do a little waist shaping. The pattern suggested starting the waist shaping when the sweater body was still barely out of my arm pits and so I have decided to wing it and do it 'when it looks right'. Hopefully I won't regret that decision.


Even with how long waisted I am I think it's about time to start those decreases... I'm loving the colors together and also am loving that I can knit this pretty much on auto pilot. Very important when you are dealing with an exhausted child who is dealing with school stress and who has started sleepwalking. UGH... queue parenting motto #1 "This too shall pass!!!".

Since my socks are done I dove into the stash expecting to pull out that gorgeous skein of yarn I showed you a few weeks ago. But my eyes landed on a ziplock I had prepped months ago that had 4 skeins of yarn all ready to go with pattern and needles. So I decided in the interest of ergonomics and of stash busting to choose the worsted weight lace shawl over another pair of socks on tiny needles.


I've had this yarn in my stash for a couple of years now and love the colors.. there is brown and green and blue! All favorites! It's Fibranatura sensational in colorway Garden Topiary. I got it at Tuesday Morning when we still lived in NH which means it's at least 2 years old. 

Anyhow, wish me luck with the lace. So far it's going well and I haven't had to rip back or tink anything. Maybe when chart A is finished I'll thinking about putting a life line in.. or I can live dangerously! 

No comments:

Post a Comment